The most awaiting Scholarship Scheme of West Bengal, the Swami Vivekananda Merit-cum-Means Scholarship 2017 has been started. This scheme is commonly known as Bikash Bhawan Scholarship.
The Application form can be submitted from 11/09/2017 to 30/11/2017.
The process is fully Online based. No hardcopy of any documents to be sent to Bikash Bhawan.
Rate Chart of Merit-cum-Means Scholarship 2017:
Who will get this Merit-cum-Means Scholarship 2017:
- Students of Class – XI and XII, and at under Graduate level in Engineering, Medical and Technical / Professional courses besides Under Graduate, Post Graduate level students pursuing General Degree courses.
- Students pursuing M.Phil courses and Doctoral courses (NON-NET JUNIOR RESEARCH FELLOW and NET-LECTURERSHIP) from State-aided Institutions will come under the purview of this Scholarship Scheme.
- Kanyashree recipients (K-2) pursuing Post Graduate courses in Science, Arts and Commerce stream from Universities of this State after obtaining Under Graduate Degree with 45% marks in aggregate from Institutions of this State will come under the aegis of this Scholarship Scheme.
- The upper ceiling for family income has been fixed at Rs.2,50,000/- per annum.
|School Education (DSE)||Higher Secondary|
|Technical Education (DTE)||Engineering or Technical|
|Technical Education & Training (DTE&T)||Polytechnic|
|Medical Education (DME)||Medical|
|Public Instruction (DPI)||General Degree|
Minimum Marks to be Eligible:
- HS Level: The minimum qualifying marks for being considered for award of scholarships will be 75% in aggregate, in Madhyamik Pariksha, and the total marks obtained in the Madhyamik Parkisha excluding pass marks in the additional subject, if any, will be the sole criterion for consideration. Candidates from outside the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education will not be eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Diploma Level: Students who are enrolled after passing out in Secondary (M.P) examination or its equivalent as stated above in 2016 for first year Diploma (Polytechnic) course [H.S. Examination or its equivalent for Diploma in Pharmacy or Modern Office Practice and Management of two years duration] and after passing out in “West Bengal State Council of Vocational Education and Training “ courses, which is equivalent to H.S Examination for 2nd year Diploma (Polytechnic) courses on lateral entry basis, will be eligible to apply. Candidates must obtain at least 75% marks in aggregate in the qualifying examination for applying the scholarship [excluding the marks secured in the optional elective subject, if any].
- UG Level: The minimum qualifying marks for being considered for award of scholarships will be 75% in aggregate, in the H.S. Examination conducted by the W.B. Council of H.S. Education/Madrasha Siksha Parishad. For the UG (Arts), UG (Commerce), UG (Science) separate merit lists will be prepared.
- PG Level: Candidates should be graduates securing at least 53% marks in the Honours subject at the graduation level. The marks obtained in Honours subject will be the only deciding criterion academically for award of the PG-level scholarships.
- Kanyashree recipients (K-2): The Girl (married/unmarried) pursuing Post Graduate courses in Science, Arts and Commerce stream from Universities of this State after obtaining Under Graduate Degree with 45% marks in aggregate from Institutions of this State will come under the aegis of this Scholarship Scheme.
Step by Step Guide to Register for First Time:
- At First go to The link for Registration. Choose your Category. Click on Register. Put your personal details, marks etc. Set a Password for future references.
- You will get a registration Number after Successfull Registration. Download the registration Slip for Future References.
- After login you will show a Dashboard. Click on “Edit profile” and upadate your details completely.
- You have to Put your District, Sub-division to get your School/College/university name. Put your Class, Duration etc. Then Put your full Address.
- Upload your Photo and Signature. Photo size should between 20-50 KB. Signature size should between 10-20 Kb.
- Put your family Income etc. After that you have to Put your Bank Name, Account No, IFSC Code etc. where the Scholarship will be credited.
- On Last Page you have to Upload the Scanned Copies of your all relevant documents (mentioned below)
- Now its time to Finalize your Application and Submit it.
- After finalizing the application, download the Verification Certificate which contains two pages. First page is the Applicant Copy and second page is the HOI(Head of the Institution) Copy.
- After verification and signed by HOI, applicant will scan his copy and upload this in the application portal to complete the application process. HOI will retain his copy.
List of Documents to be Uploaded:
- Admit Card, Marksheet of Madhyamik
- Admit Card, Marksheet of Last Qualification
- Income Certificate of Family, Income Certificate Affidavit (Should be downloaded the format from the link given above)
- Domiciliary certificate as Aadhaar ID/Voter ID/Ration card/Certificate Issued by concerned authority
- Scan copy of Bank Passbook (1st Page).
Other Services by this Portal:
Anyone applied for previous year, can Renewal their Application by login into this portal.