Last Updated on [last-modified]
Online Applications are invited from candidates who are eligible as per NCTE-norms (Annexure-2 of NCTE Regulations-2014) i.e. 50% in H.S or its equivalent examination or 45% in case of SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/PH/EX-SERVICEMAN for admission to Two Year D.El.Ed. Course (Regular & Face to Face Mode) for the Session-2017-2019 in the Institutions, recognized by the NCTE, affiliated to West Bengal Board of Primary Education and mentioned in the List-I of NCTE, annexed to the Public Notice, issued by NCTE on 17.06.2017.
Eligibility for Admission:
- Should be an Indian citizen.
- Should pass the H.S (+2) Examination or its equivalent from any recognized Board/Council/University with at least 50% marks in the aggregate/aggregate of the best five excluding EVS. (5% marks leds for SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/PH/ExS).
- Should not be above 35 years of age (40 yrs for SC/ST/PH and 38 yrs for OBC-A & OBC-B) as on 01.07.2017. Upper age limit is not applicable for the in-service teachers, appointed before 03.09.2001.
- Must have studied and passed the Bengali/Hindi/Urdu/Nepali as a compulsory subject at HS. Must have studied English of 100 marks as the Second/other language.
Important Dates and Links:
|Notification Declared | Download Notification | Download NCTE Approved College List||30/06/2017|
|Process of Online Application | Link Closed||30/06/2017 to 23/07/2017|
|Merit List approval by Board||29/07/2017 to 01/08/2017|
|Merit List Publication | Show Merit List||02/08/217|
|The Process of Admission||02/08/2017 to 05/08/2017|
- Reservation of seats shall be made as per the State Government norms.
- For Vocational-course-pass applicants:
- 4% of the seats shall be booked for applicants coming from the Vocational Stream Course (+2 Level)
- Must have studied at least two languages including English at the +2-stage.
- Should score at least 50% marks at the +2-stage.
- They will not be eligible for other seats under any condition of backwardness or physical disability.
- In-service teachers, appointed before 03-09-2001, should be allowed to submit online applications up to 58 years of age.
- 5(five) seats in D.I.E.Ts, Govt./Govt. Sponsored/Govt. Aided Primary Teachers’ Traning Institutes will be kept reserved for in-service primary teachers, appointed before 03.09.2001 and having 50% or 45% (as the case may be) at the H.S (+2) Examination. Such teachers will have to be duly by the competent authority. In case of non-availability of such candidates the seats shall be filled up from among the merit listed (wait-listed) candidates in order of merit as per reservation rules.
- Ten (10) percent of the total intake of a Self-financed Non-Government unaided Institution shall be reserved under ‘Management Quota’. No such reservation will be there in case of a Government/Government Sponsored/Govt. Aided institution. In the case of such reservations, admission procedures and other terms and conditions for admission, as prescribed, should also be maintained strictly. A separate merit list for this category will be prepared and maintained.