Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched a new e-Gram Swaraj App and Svamitva Scheme – for the speedy development of Indian villages on the occasion of Panchayati Raj Day. 24th April is celebrated as National Panchayati Raj Day in India. And this day is being observed today amidst of the lockdown to avoid COVID-19 spread. On this occasion, PM Modi, address the sarpanchs of the country through video conferencing. During this conference, he launched PM Swamitva scheme for Integrated Property Validation Solution and also inaugurated e-Gramswaraj portal, and e-Gram Swaraj App can check Svamitva Scheme through online mode.
What is e-Gram Swaraj app
While elaborating on the specifics of the e-Gram Swaraj & Panchayati Raj App, PM Modi said, “E-Gram Swaraj App is nothing but Simplified Work-based Accounting Application. This app is a big move towards the holistic digitization of gram panchayats. In future, this app will be a single point platform for keeping all accounts of the gram panchayats. Going forward there will be no need to use different platforms for different needs of the gram panchayats.”
The E-Gram Swaraj App will have records of all the progressive actions by the Panchayats and the funds allocated to them. Moreover, any citizen will be able to log in to the app and access the developmental works of the panchayat. People will be able to track the progress from filing of a project for the panchayat to its completion, giving more power to the people and increasing transparency. The official links are- Android App | Website
The main features of e-Gram Swaraj app
- Maintaining profile of panchayats- elected members/ representative, election details, committee etc.
- It is a simple and user-friendly portal
- Enabling of workflow
- Helps creation of action plans and planning of activities (wishlist, shelf of activities, convergence, resource envelope, actions plan, )
- Used for storing all the assets
- Provides availability of assets on Gram Manchitra GIS
- It has strong authentication mechanism mainly based on open source technology.
- Helps in fund monitoring and work-based accounting
- It is web-based and the facility is available 24 hours.
- The portal supports all the major browsers- Mozilla, Chrome, Internet Explorer.
- Its architecture supports operability with the other PES (Panchayat Enterprise Suite) products.
- Recording the financial and physical progress of the operations (technical approval, administrative approval, geo-tagging, progress reporting etc.)
Who can use this Portal/App?
- Urban Local bodies (like Cooperation’s, Municipalities, Town Areas etc)
- Rural Bodies (such as Village panchayat, block-level panchayat, district panchayat)
- Line Department
What is Svamitva Yojana?
Svamitva is a centre sector scheme that will be implemented across the country. Under this scheme surveys of land properties in rural inhabitant areas of the will be done using drone technology. These surveys will be done phase-wise over a time-period of fours year (i.e. 2020-24). 2020-2021 will the first pilot phase and the government has projected a budget of Rs.79.65 crores for this.
This would provide the ‘record of rights’ to village household owners possessing houses in inhabited rural areas in villages which, in turn, would enable them to use their property as a financial asset for taking loans and other financial benefits from Banks.
Further, this would also enable updation of property and asset register to strengthen tax collection and demand assessment process of Gram Panchayats. Thus, the legal record of property holders and issuance of ‘Property Cards’ to household owners based thereon would facilitate monetization of rural residential assets for the purchase of credit and other financial services. This could also pave the way for clear determination of property tax, which would accrue to the GPs directly in States where it is devolved.
Objective of Svamitva Scheme
- To bring financial stability to the citizens in rural India by enabling them to use their property as a financial asset for taking loans and other financial benefits.
- Creation of accurate land records for rural planning.
- Determination of property tax, which would accrue to the GPs directly in States where it is devolved or else, add to the State exchequer.
- Creation of survey infrastructure and GIS maps that can be leveraged by any department for their use.
- To support in the preparation of better-quality Gram Panchayat Development Plan (GPDP) by making use of GIS maps.
- To reduce property related disputes and legal cases
Components of the Scheme
- Establishment of Continuously Operating Reference Stations (CORS) network.
- Large scale Mapping (LSM) with the use of Drone Surveying Technology
- IEC Activities
- Enhancement of Spatial Planning Application “Gram Manchitra”
- Web-based Monitoring System
- Program Management Unit- (a) National Programme Management Unit -NPMU (b) State Programme Management Unit- SPMU