The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has launched ‘ mAadhaar ’, a new mobile application for syncing Aadhaar data on mobile phones.
The app allows users to carry their unique Aadhaar information including name, date of birth, gender, address, and the linked photograph, on their smartphones.
Features and Benefits
Note: This app is now in Beta Version (Under Construction), so some features are not available till now but will be available soon
The benefits are given as below-
- Profile download – You can download your Aadhaar number information including demographic information anytime anywhere.
- Biometric locking/unlocking – This app comes with an inherent feature of biometric authentication. You can lock or unlock data with biometric. The data will remains locked till the Aadhaar Holder chose to unlock it or disable the locking system.
- TOTP (Time based One Time Password) Generation – In order to make app more secure time based onetime password is used instead of traditional SMS based OTP.
- Update of profile – You can also give a request for Aadhaar profile data update using this app. Updated information will be shown only after review and approval by UIDAI.
- Sharing of QR code and eKYC data by Aadhaar Number holder – You can share QR code and password protected eKYC data to any service provider. A service provider will be able to get accurate information about Aadhaar card holder using this app.
How to Install the Official App:
There are numerous Fake App available on Google Play Store. So please be sure it is developed by UIDAI. Here is the official link- Click here
After downloading/installing the Official App follow these instructions-
- Create a password before importing your Aadhaar profile to mobile device.
- Now you need to Enter your 12 digit Aadhaar Number or Scan your QR Code given on your Card to automatically retrieve your Aadhaar Number.
- After entering Aadhaar number you need to enter the OTP generated for your Aadhaar card number.
Some Problems and Solutions:
Problem: My mobile number is not Registered, so I am not getting my OTP.
Answer: There is only one Solution. You need to visit your nearest Aadhaar Centre with your Original Aadhaar Card. They will add your mobile number to your Aadhaar Profile and charge you a minimal cost. To locate Aadhaar Centre Click here
UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) is nodal statutory organization behind the Aadhaar, a 12 digit unique number. It was granted statutory status by Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and Other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Act, 2016. Aadhaar number is linked with an individual’s demographic and biometric information, which serves as an authentication tool throughout India. Using Aadhaar, Union and State Governments are trying to link many of their major development and subsidy schemes to reduce leakages and duplication.
This article is created by Education Guide team. Sharing is Caring. Thank you.